As a good makeup lover, you surely know that each one has a different eye shape and that we should put on makeup according to this. This time we will learn how to make up round eyes or eyeliner for round eyes. We will start with basic makeup notions to get the most out of your eyes and finally we will share expert tips to make a cat eye outline that truly lengthens your eyes.
Shape your eyes with makeup
Round eyes require a lot of definition. It is very important to apply the light tones from the tear to the eye socket. Place the dark shadow on the outside of the eye and towards the socket but only reach the middle. This will frame your look and give you a much sexier appearance. To finish it will be important that you highlight your eyelashes. You can use your favorite mascara or even apply false eyelashes.
Make up the water line
It is important to make up the lower water line and the upper one as well. If you use flesh-colored or cream eyeliner, your eyes will open more. The intention is to give you a more almond shape . Now, applying black eyeliner everywhere will round your eyes more instead of opening your gaze, so it is better to avoid it in the water line.
Highlight your eyebrows
When plucking your eyebrows, try to give them a more angular shape . You can even use highlighter on the brow bone, above the hair towards the temple. This will give you a lifting effect in that area.
Outlined step by step
- You should know that you don’t need to immediately start using eyeliner. Start by marking the shape with a wet bevel brush and a matte black shadow.
- Begin to outline the eyelid as close to the lash line as possible.
- If you make a mistake, soak a cotton swab in some oil-free makeup remover and wipe off the excess.
- Now define the lower eyelid from the outside to the middle of the eye, as close to the lash line as possible.
- Going back to the outside, extend the bottom line towards your eyebrow. You will not drag the brush, you will only tap to mark the area.
- Then join the upper outline to the extra line that was left to form the cat eye .
- Now you can thicken the eyeliner until it is as you wish. To thicken you must trace both above and below but never in the middle. In the middle part of the eyeliner triangle, there will be a space without color just in the corner of the eye
- To further lengthen the look it is important not to put black on the inside of the eyelid. Better use a nude eyeliner and clean it as soon as it stains black.
- After outlining the water line, fill in the part of the corner that is not black. If the pencil gets dirty, wipe it off immediately with a tissue.
- Now go over the silhouette that you marked with shadow using a gel or liquid eyeliner. Finish by curling your lashes well.
Eyeliner for Round Eyes
Round eyes can be tricky to apply eyeliner, as the shape of your eye is different from those with other eye shapes. If you’re looking for an easy way to add definition and make your eyes look bigger, try lining only the outer corners of your upper lash line. This will give them a cat-eye effect without making them appear smaller or narrower than they already are!
If you have round eyes but don’t want to go for such a dramatic look, try smudging black liner along both sides of your lower lash line instead–it’ll create depth in addition to adding definition around each individual lid.
The first step is to find the right eyeliner.
The first step is to find the right eyeliner. There are many different types of eyeliners, but you want to look for a pencil that has a thin tip and isn’t so thick that it looks like you are wearing a mask. You also want to avoid using pencils with super-flexible tips; these tend to make your eyes look smaller rather than larger.
Do you have dark or light eyes?
- If you have dark eyes and want to use an eyeliner, choose a black one. A dark color will help define the shape of your eyes and make them appear larger.
- If you have light eyes, go for brown or deep brown shades instead of black because these colors will bring out their natural beauty better than anything else could.
Always use a kohl pencil.
The best way to apply eyeliner for round eyes is with a kohl pencil. Kohl is a softer, powdery substance that’s easy to use and won’t smudge as much as liquid eyeliner. It’s also easier to remove at the end of the day if you’re not wearing waterproof makeup–just dab some water on your face and rub away!
Consider liquid liners as well.
Liquid liners are more forgiving than pencils, so they’re a good option if you want to experiment with a cat eye. They can be used to create either a thicker or thinner line depending on your preference. The liquid formula also allows for more control over where the product lands on your eyelid–you won’t have to worry about sharpening or smudging like with pencils.
You can also use white eyeliner on the waterline…but use sparingly!
You can also use white eyeliner on the waterline…but use sparingly!
Instead of using black or brown to define your eyes, try a light color like white for a change. This will make your eyes appear larger and more open, making them look more awake and youthful. It’s not necessary to use an entire line of white–just go along the inner rim of your lids with pencil or liquid liner (make sure it’s waterproof), then blend outward with a clean brush before applying mascara as usual.
Eyeline for round eyes is eye makeup that works with your natural shape, not against it
Eyeliner for round eyes is about creating a balance between the upper and lower eye. The goal is to make your eyes appear longer, so you should apply your eyeliner in an upward motion. This will create a subtle lift at the outer corners of your eyes, which gives them more depth and makes them seem more elongated.
If you’re using pencils, use one that’s not too soft or hard (i.e., not too creamy or dry). This will allow you to create subtle contours without having to press down too hard on your skin–and nobody wants those pesky little wrinkles around their eyes! If this sounds like something that would be helpful for you, I highly recommend checking out my favorite pencil: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion ($19). It has great pigmentation; it lasts all day long without smudging; AND it comes in 18 different shades ranging from blackest black all the way down through browns and greys so there’s literally something for everyone here! You can also try out liquid liners if they sound better suited towards what type person YOU are – just remember never go overboard with either option though…because no matter how much effort goes into making yourself look fabulous at any given moment; if there isn’t enough balance between those two worlds then all those hours spent getting ready won’t amount anything but failure.”
Don’t buy a super thick liner.
The thicker your liner, the more dramatic your look will be. If you’re going for a dramatic look, try using a super thin line. If you want something more subtle and in between, go with a medium thickness.
Get a black pencil liner with a thin tip.
For the best result, get a black pencil liner with a thin tip. Pencil liners are easy to apply and control, so they’re perfect for beginners. A thin tip will be easier to control than one with a thick tip. Also, don’t go for an extremely dark color; it will make your eyes look smaller instead of bigger!
Avoid waterproof liners.
Waterproof liners are great for those who want to keep their liner looking fresh all day long. However, they can be difficult to apply and may make your eyes look smaller.
If you’re new to eyeliner and want something that will stay put throughout the day or if you have oily skin, waterproof liners are ideal for you. If not, consider a creamier formula instead: they’ll be easier to work with and won’t cause irritation around the eye area as often as pencils do.
Go for a gel or cream liner instead of pen form.
- Gel and cream liners are easier to apply. Pen form liners can be a bit trickier, because you have to draw the line very carefully with a fine tip. If you’re not used to this kind of eyeliner, it might take some practice before you get the hang of it–and even then, there’s always the chance that your application will look less than perfect!
- Gel and cream liners blend better than pen form liners do. When using gel or cream liner on your eyes (instead of pen), you have more control over how thickly or thinly each stroke appears on your lid; this makes blending easier because there’s less risk of accidentally drawing lines where they don’t belong (like between your lashes).
A few simple changes will make your eyes pop without being overdone
- Make sure the liner is the right color for your eyes.
- Use a thin-tipped pencil to draw along the upper lash line, and make sure to use gel or cream liners instead of pen form, as they’re easier to apply and blend with an eye shadow brush once you’ve finished applying them (you can also use a q-tip dipped in makeup remover if necessary).
- If you have round eyes, opt for eyeliner styles that are curved at the corners rather than straight across–this will help lift them up without making them look too dramatic or over-the-top!
We hope this article has helped you understand how to use eyeliner for round eyes. There are a few simple changes that can make your eyes pop without being overdone. If you’re still unsure about what kind of liner is best for your face shape or how to apply it, we recommend consulting with an expert at a cosmetics counter who will help guide you through the process step-by-step.