Learn how to apply liquid eyeliner and get a look intense and very seductive . If you normally opt for the eyeliner because you find it much easier to use, discover how to use the liquid eyeliner with a few simple steps . The first thing is to acquire a quality eyeliner so that our makeup is perfect, then you just need a little practice and follow the advice we give you to achieve a fantastic look thanks to the eyeliner . Dare and try to use it!
Liquid eyeliners allow greater precision, and their formulas are much more elaborate, with pigments that help hydrate or not spoil the eye. You can even find waterproof liquid eyeliners or some special formulas for sensitive skin. You can even make your own homemade eyeliner .
However, many women prefer to use the traditional eyeliner because they do not know the tricks to use other types of eyeliners, and when they try to apply it they end up with an unflattering stain effect. That is why today we want to offer you the best techniques to apply the liquid eyeliner . In addition, you will find the most common types of liquid eyeliners and some extra tips on the use of the liquid eyeliner. Take note!
How to apply the liquid eyeliner?
- The first thing is to choose the color of liquid eyeliner that we like the most and that combines with the shade we have used to make up our eyes . You can find them in a variety of shades such as black, brown, blue, gray …
- After giving you the eye shadow and before applying the mascara , it is time to use the eyeliner.
- Wet the eyeliner brush gently, without pressing too hard to avoid damaging the tip.
- To make sure there isn’t an excess of product, try your hand to see if the thickness of the line will be the one you like.
- Stretch the eyelid with the other hand, pulling up a little to draw the line to the edge of the eyelashes and prevent it from twisting.
- Draw the line from inside the eye to the outside. If your pulse is not very good, rest your elbows on a surface to prevent your hand from shaking.
- If you want a more sensual effect , start with a thinner stroke and slightly increase its thickness, ending in a triangle with a fine tip if we want to tear our eyes.
- And, if you leave or the line you have made is too thick at some point, moisten a stick in eye makeup remover and carefully remove excess product.
If you still have a hard time delineating your eyes with liquid eyeliner, then try some of these techniques . They are very simple!
Line or point technique
Liquid eyeliner can be very precise, but it is true that if you do not know how to use them correctly it can end up being a disaster. A highly recommended technique for beginners is the technique of lines or points.
It is about creating small lines or points from the inside of the eye to the outside, and then connecting them creating a continuous line, something like the games of joining the lines of the hobbies. It is very easy to do and allows you to correct possible delineation errors easily.
Cat’s eye technique
If you want to look amazing cat eyes, the best technique is to draw an isosceles triangle on the outside of the eye with the liquid eyeliner. Fill it out and end up connecting it with the inside of the eye in a perfect line.
Fast eyeliner technique
If you are in a hurry, this technique is the most usual and quick to do, although you need a little practice to get it right. Start at the tear or inside of the eye and mark a thin line outward , just flush with the eyelashes. When you reach the last third of the eye, mark the outside of the triangle. Then lower and fill it. With this technique you get a casual and natural look for everyday life.
If you want to see how to do it, this simple video of the famous beauty vlogger Michelle Phan will teach you how to delineate the eyes with liquid eyeliner.
Types of liquid eyeliners
When choosing the liquid eyeliner it is important that you choose one with which you feel comfortable, depending on your experience and skill. In addition to the quality of its formula, liquid eyeliners differ mainly by the type of applicator with which you can use it. The most common are the following:
- Eyeliner with brush tip: you immerse it in the formula and apply it to the eyes, as if you were painting them with a brush. They are ideal for makeup experts and good artists.
- Marker eyeliner: it is ideal for beginners, as it has the shape of a marker. It is accurate and easy to use .
- Coated brush tip: The difference with the brush tip eyeliner is that you don’t need to dip the brush in the formula, but rather submerge the entire tube. It is a very precise type of applicator and you can find them with flexible brushes , ideal for makeup experts.
- There are many other types of eyeliners and liquid eyeliners. If you want more information, we tell you how to choose the eyeliner format that suits you best
Tips on the liquid eyeliner
Sometimes we make mistakes with the liquid eyeliner that can lead us to keep it in the memory drawer. So that the same does not happen to you, we have prepared some useful tips for using the liquid eyeliner:
- Be patient: yes, it is the first advice, because learning to use it requires a little practice and, above all, patience. But once you start to handle the techniques the result is very accurate and is incredible.
- Shake before using: keep in mind that its formula has several ingredients that can be separated inside the tube when they are at rest, so they need to be mixed before using the liquid eyeliner so that all its pigments act correctly.
- Store it in a cool and dry place: the bathroom is not a cool and dry place, there are changes in temperature and humidity every time you shower, so it is not the best place to store your eyeliner as it can condense.
- Wait for it to dry: one of the most common mistakes is not to wait long enough for it to dry, so at the slightest movement or rubbing a stain appears that spoils your eye makeup. Therefore, when using liquid eyeliner, give yourself a few minutes to dry. You can help yourself with a fan to accelerate the drying process.